The Bunger Law Firm, P.C.

Dallas Location:

3631 Fairmount St., Suite 103
Dallas, Texas 75219

Frisco Location:

2591 Dallas Parkway, Suite 300
Frisco, Texas 75034

Phone: 214-233-3400
Fax: 214-233-3806

Post Judgement Attorney

Dallas-Post-Judgement-Attorney, modifications

Undoubtedly circumstances that were present at the time of a couple’s divorce or separation can dramatically change over time.  These changes can have profound effects on the relationships, care and development of the children and may require changes to be made to the orders that were rendered earlier.  With respect to children and their relationships to their families the divorce or Suit Affecting the Parent-Child Relationship does not simply have a final ruling or res judicata, in legal terms.

Texas legislatures recognized that a document that provides provisions outlining custody, support and visitation of children may not be in the best interest of the children years later.  There are a number of reasons that it may be necessary to modify an original custody order or a final divorce decree that includes child custody and support provisions. Typically there are changes in the circumstances of the family, such as an increase or decrease in income of the noncustodial parent, significant changes in the family dynamics, the relocation or need to relocate either parent’s residence, and other life changes.  In many cases, facts must be proven to the court that show a modification of the order is in the best interest of the child.

Typical Needs for Modification:

  • Child support insufficient or too much
  • Custodial or other parent moving out of state or more than 100 miles
  • Standard Visitation order is no longer compatible with parent's schedules
  • Concerns for the safety and well being of the child
  • Changes in the child's medical or educational needs 

If circumstances have changed since an order establishing custody, possession and access, support or other matters concerning your children was entered, contact the Bunger Law Firm to speak with an experienced attorney so that you can determine if modifications to a previous order is necessary and how we can assist you in making the needed changes.